Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Also, I used pecans instead of walnuts.
Now that I think about it, I think the cookies I made were too big. I used a #12 ice cream scoop. Maybe I’ll get a set of smaller ice cream scoopers this year for Christmas.
Grandma’s Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oats (we use Quaker Quick or Old Fashioned. Do NOT use instant.)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (use 1/2 cup if using raisins)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Cream shortening and sugars, add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to first mixture and mix well. Add raisins (if using) and nuts. Add oats last.
- Spoon out by rounded tablespoonfuls on to greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350°F. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.