For the past few days this website was broke. Well, not entirely broke, just the thumbnails now showing up. Arthemia uses timthumb.php to handle the automatic creation of thumbnails and I think my webhost did a couple of things. I received an email a while ago that said that PHP will be defaulted to PHP 5.3. I took a look at this site and realized that all the thumbnail pictures were missing.
Here’s where I went astray in my research. I thought there must have been some code that PHP 5.3 didn’t like. After a few days of researching and banging my head on the wall I found a post to fix the problems. However there seems to be a couple of things you can do to fix the problem.
Thumbnail pictures do not show up in Arthemia theme.
- Change permissions of scripts and cache directory to 777 found in wp-content/themes/arthemia-x/scripts
- Change permissions of scripts and cache directory to 711 found in wp-content/themes/arthemia-x/scripts (This worked for me)
- Update to the newest version of timthumb.php (make sure to keep backups of the previous ones that work)
- Figure out what version of PHP works for you 5.2, 5.3 (I had to keep mine at 5.2)
- Any of the combinations above