Here’s a simple recipe for my Israeli style shish kabobs. Ideally, you would grill them but for this recipe I went with pan frying. If you do have a grill, grill them for roughly 8 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. You can broil them too.
- 2 Chicken breast pieces cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 big onion (cut into cubes)
- 2 bell peppers (cut into cubes)
- 1 tomato ( cut into 2 equal halves)
- 12 skewers
- Take a bowl add olive oil, yogurt ,fresh cream, tomatoes puree, paprika powder, garlic powder ,lemon juice and salt.
- Blend all the ingredients till it become a fine mixture.
- Now add the chicken cubes in the mixture and leave it to marinate for an hour or two.
- Take the skewers sticks and arrange the chicken cubes one by one.
- Assemble a bell peppers and onion then chicken cube and repeat it again and add at least three cubes on the skewers. Now put one tablespoon of olive oil in the frying pan and cook it for 10 to 15 minutes .
- Turn the skewers upside down so that they are cooked properly.
- You can roast vegetables separately.
Time to eat!
Serve with plain boiled rice and ketchup