For those of you who wrap your ribs…here are the last few steps to finish up the cooking process.
At this point, you have smoked your ribs for about 2 hours and now you want to wrap them.
- Take the ribs out.
- Prepare your foil and take out 2 sheets for every rack of ribs. 2 because sometimes the bone will poke through the first layer.
- Add a layer of rub on the foil.
- Place the rack meat side down. Add another layer of rub on top.
- Start to wrap the ribs with the foil but do not close it up.
- Add your favorite liquid to help braise the rib.
- Wrap it up tightly and place on grill, meat side down.
- After 50 minutes or so.
- Take the ribs out of the grill. Now this is where cooks are split.
- Either take the ribs out of the foil, sauce the ribs, and place back on the grill for another 15 minutes.
- Or slowly unwrap the foil to make a boat for the ribs, sauce them, and place on the grill for another 15 minutes.