Quick recipe for salmon patties. Normally, I do this with leftover salmon. When buying things from a can, I always go with the “in oil” option than “in water”. It taste better.
1 (16 oz) can pink salmon
1 Egg, beaten
1 Small onion, minced
½ Cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ Tsp baking powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 ½ Cups vegetable oil
- Drain salmon, reserving 2 tbsp of the juice. Remove any skin or bones.
- In a medium bowl, mix together salmon, egg, onion, salt and pepper. Stir in flour.
- Add baking powder to reserved salmon juice, stir well and mix with the salmon mixture.
- Form into small patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Cook patties until golden brown. Serve with tartar sauce and enjoy!